Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hip hip hooray!

First off, let me apologize for not updating this as often as I had been earlier in the year.  I will try to do better.  It does help when I know you are reading it - and that is through your comments to my posts...

But back to my title - hip hip hooray!!!!  Our long awaited Smart Board is installed, hooked-up and up and running!!!  Woohoo!!!  I am so excited, if you could not tell.  But I think the kids were just as excited!  And we have used it for several lessons today!  You will get a chance to see it soon!

We are trying a new thing - homework.  I've had quite a few questions about homework - and while some of you already do things outside of school to work on skills, I have provided a calendar of activities for you.  Please let me know what your thoughts are and how you think it is going as the month progresses. 

Please make some dates to mark on your calendar -
Thursday, March 10th, 5:30-6:30 is Open House.  You get to come to school with your child and siblings and see all the great work your child and out class has been doing.  We don't always send everything home and sometimes things that do go home are a bit outdated. 
Thursday, April 14th is the Kindergarten Program.  All the kindergarten students have been learning the songs and dances all year.  It is something you surely don't want to miss.  There will be a dress-rehearsal in the morning and a program that evening at 7pm. 

2 comments:

  1. I've been following your blog since the beginning, althrough did not leave a word. We family like to read your posts to track the kids activities at school and would like to read more. We cannot wait to visit your classroom at the open house time.
    - April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arjun has been telling me about the smart board and all the fun activities the class has been doing! See you on Thursday at Open House!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete