Monday, August 24, 2009

Pooped...

Today was the first day of kindergarten! And what an exciting day it was!!! All the new faces - and new names. I have become "teacher" again instead of Mrs. Chiang. (We'll be working on that one!) We are going to have a fantastic year. We were all a little nervous, anxious, excited, scared and happy! But no criers - well, I can't speak for the parents ;)

Lots of exciting things going on. There were lots of papers in your child's folder (if you forgot to send the folder today, I just sent the papers home in their backpacks). Left hand side of the folder contains some homework - yes, homework. We don't do this often in kindergarten, so don't worry! Right hand side of the folder, take it out and read at your leisure.

The next 2 weeks we are learning about colors. Please wear something in the color we are studying. Tomorrow will be BLUE.

Please comment about your child's reactions to their first day when you get a chance.

1 comment:

  1. Jake said.... Dad, you were right, I had a lot of fun. Sounds like he had a wonderful day. Thank you Mrs. Chiang.

    Here is a poem my girlfriend sent me today...

    Kindergarten Wonder
    I wonder what you're doing right now
    and if everyone is treating you kind.
    I hope that there is a special person,
    a nice friend that you can find.

    I wonder if the teacher knows just
    how special you are to me.
    And if the brightness of your
    heart is something she can see.

    I wonder if you are thinking about
    me and if you need a hug.
    I already miss the sound of your
    voice and how you give my leg a tug.

    I wonder if you could possibly understand
    how hard it is for me to let you grow.
    On this day know that my heart breaks,
    for this is the first step in letting my baby go.

    ReplyDelete