Friday, September 3, 2010

TGIF!!!

It's Friday, it's Friday!!!  Yeah!  Are you ready for a long weekend?  I am.  I hope you have some fun and exciting things planned - and also some time to relax and just chill!

We wrapped up our study of colors by learning about the Rainbow and mixing colors.  The students had a chance to mix colors after we read Mouse Paint.  Red + Yellow = Orange, Yellow + Blue = Green, Blue + Red = Purple.  Also, what better way to conclude colors than by conducting an experiment!!!  I am planning on doing more of these this year and have an idea in place - I'll share more about that later.  Check out the video below to see our Color Changing Milk experiment. 


To see the full details of the experiment, please follow this link:  http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/experiment/00000066

After the video, we discussed a little about why it happened.  The kids were excited about it.  We did it with whole milk but did not have time to experiment with 1%, 2% and skim milk to see if it made a difference.  If you happen to try it, please share what you did and what happened.  We would be interested in learning.

Tuesday, September 7th, is early voting day at Denton Creek, so if you have not voted, please come out and vote!  5-6 is Curriculum Night, in my classroom.  See you then.  Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Jieun(Kelly's mom)Fri Sep 03, 11:38:00 PM

    Great blog! I can really talk about what she had learn at school. Kelly loves her kindergarten and having a good time. Hope this year healthy and fun.
    Great weekend!

    ReplyDelete